Posted by & filed under Immigration, Work Visa.

shutterstock_145572910Work with an experienced NYC Immigration Attorney

If your job brings you to the United States from another country, you will need to go through legal authorization in order to be allowed to remain here and continue working. To come into the U.S., you will need a visa, or green card. The type of visa you apply for depends on your reason for being in America. If you are hired by an American company, you will need one of several types of permanent employment visas, known as EB visas.

What exactly is an EB visa? According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, five types of permanent employment visas are distributed to cover a number of different employment positions. These include the following:

• EB-1 – This visa is reserved for people with exceptional skill and value in management, business, art, science, education, athletics, research and other such fields.
• EB-2 – This visa includes job positions that need advanced degrees or outstanding skills in sciences, business or art.
• EB-3 – Professionals, skilled laborers and others in similar positions would apply for this visa.
• EB-4 – This applies to special positions like religious work and foreign service positions, as well as international executives who have retired.
• EB-5 – Businesspeople investing $500,000 to $1 million or above in a new commercial business employing 10 or more Americans would apply for this visa.

It is important to note that each year, approximately 140,000 permanent employment visas are distributed. These visas are also available for spouses and minor children, so you may apply to have your family come to America with you if you are immigrating here to work.

Immigration law is complex, and immigrants often need assistance from someone who knows this field of law. The lawyers at the New York City Manchanda Law Office PLLC are knowledgeable in all aspects of immigration, and may be able to assist you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *